Dentists throughout the state of Maryland have volunteered to provide comprehensive dental care at no charge to people 18 years and older (including veterans), who, because of a serious disability and/or impaired mental and physical health, lack adequate income to pay for needed dental care.
Dental services and labs (if needed) are provided free of charge to eligible individuals.
No, we DO NOT provide emergency services.
All patients admitted into the program must have transportation to the dental office and must keep all appointments.
No, we our program is unable to provide sedation services.
Contact us at 410-964-1944 to update your information.
If you have private dental insurance you are not eligible for this program.
If you are accepted into the program, services are once in a lifetime, so after completion of treatment you cannot apply again.
If you have any questions, contact us at 410-964-1944.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY BECOMING A VOLUNTEER DENTIST
• A Volunteer Dentist can earn up to 8 CE credits per renewal period.
• The dentists who volunteer for MFD are motivated by a desire to give something back to the community that supports their practice. For many dentists, the opportunity to get to know the referred patient and feel that they have made a significant and personal contribution is the greatest reward of all.
• Patients are prescreened by MFD patient care coordinators for eligibility.
• Upon receipt of a referral, you decide if you would like to treat this patient.
• You decide on your patient’s course of treatment.
• You determine how many patients you will treat in a year.
• Treatment is provided in your office.
• Reliable MFD patient care coordinators make the process easy for the patient and you.
• All laboratory fees are donated by laboratories, or paid by MFD at no cost to you.
• Specialist referrals are available upon request and are coordinated by MFD patient care coordinators.
• You will be recognized in MFD publications.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOUR HELP WILL PRODUCE BIG SMILES!
Update July 2021: Governor Hogan's and the CDC's guidelines HAVE NOT changed for health care facilities. You are REQUIRED to wear a mask and follow office protocols, while at your dental appointment with your MFD dental provider and staff. Thank you for your cooperation.